You can attend the Academy from your home or workplace, but it does require a significant investment of both time and effort. Do not apply for the program if you cannot make a five-week, intensive commitment to yourself and your learning community.
Here are some minimum expectations, to help you understand what to expect from the Academy experience:
- 15+ hours of Course Readings
- 15+hours of Online Video Module Content
- 15hours of Live Class Time (3 hours per week)
- 12 hours of Live Team Time with your strategy pod (3 hours per week)
- Preparation of 1 Individual Leadership Development Project
- Preparation of 1 Institutional Translation Projectwith your strategy pod
- Preparation of 3 Institutional Case-Study Strategy Team Projects
- Optional participation in Burning Question Discussion Forums
- 1-2 hours of Individual or Team Leadership Coaching Per Week
Note that all readings, case-studies, videos, and tools will be provided approximately 14-21 days before program launch, and participants should plan to familiarize themselves with the pre-materials prior to the launch of the Academy program. This is to ensure maximum group, application, reflection, and team-time benefits for all participants.
Note also that you are expected toinvest in a minimum of 3 hours of team interaction per week. The Academy is a rigorous leadership environment and it will require a commitment from you, your family, and your institution if it is to truly work.
We will expect you to work harder than you have ever previously worked online. In return, you will receive a significant level of professional, individualized support, along with a range of appropriate tools, and a community who are collectively striving to improve their abilities as strategic diversity leaders, and do meaningful work that will create real change in the world.