You can attend the Academy from your home or workplace, but it does require a significant investment of both time and effort. Do not apply for the program if you cannot make a five-week, intensive commitment to yourself and your learning community.
Here are some minimum expectations, to help you understand what to expect from the Academy experience:
- 15+ hours of course readings
- 15+ hours of online video module content
- 15 hours total of live class time (3 hours per week)
- 12 hours total of live team time with your strategy pod (3 hours per week)
- Preparation of one Individual Leadership Development Project
- Preparation of one Institutional Translation Project with your strategy pod
- Preparation of three Institutional Case Study Strategy Team Projects
- Optional participation in “burning question” discussion forums
- 1-2 hours of individual or team leadership coaching per week
Note that all readings, case studies, videos and tools will be provided approximately 14-21 days before program launch. Participants should plan to familiarize themselves with these materials prior to the launch of the Academy program. This effort ensures maximum group, application, reflection and team-time benefits for all participants.
Note also that you are expected to invest in a minimum of three hours of team interaction per week. The Academy is a rigorous leadership environment and it requires a thoughtful commitment from you, your family and your institution to make it truly work.
We expect you to work harder than you have ever previously worked online. In return, you will receive a significant level of professional, individualized support, along with a range of appropriate tools, and a community who are collectively striving to improve their abilities as strategic diversity leaders to do meaningful work that will create genuine change in the world.